Eat to Thrive
“Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
Food and nutrition are the foundation of optimal health and wellness; we are only as strong as the food we eat and absorb. With this in mind, every treatment plan Merritt creates includes nutrition recommendations that optimize digestion and make it easy for your body to extract all of the nutrients that it needs to thrive.
In Chinese Medicine, nutrition is one of the 5 “branches” of a complete medical system, meaning that it is an innate and essential tool for healing. There is no “one size fits all” approach to nutrition and diet therapy. Each person has unique needs and patterns and requires different foods and supplements to achieve their own personal optimal health.
Eat Well, Be Well
- Eat whole foods
- Eat until your full, and not beyond
- Eat plants – LOTS of plants!
- Cook most of your meals at home
- Include healthy fat in your daily meals
- Include healthy protein in your daily meals
- Limit refined and processed foods like sugar & flour
- Eat joyfully! Food should be delicious, nutritious and enjoyable
Along with being a Licensed Acupuncturist, Merritt is also a Certified Nutritionist and loves working (and playing!) with food.