Living Well With Chronic Health Conditions
Living with a chronic health condition can significantly impact a person’s quality of life and wellbeing. Jones Family Acupuncture takes pride in caring for people with a variety of chronic health conditions, recognizing that many people living with such issues have traveled a long and often challenging road. Our practice is dedicated to providing a safe space for people to come share their story, receive support to meet their unique needs, and heal.
Rooted in the philosophy that the body has the innate capacity to heal, acupuncture and integrative medicine can support many chronic health issues by promoting and restoring balance in the body’s most fundamental systems.
Acupuncture for Chronic Health Conditions
Diseases, symptoms or conditions for which acupuncture has been proved through controlled trials to be an effective treatment, from the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy
- Allergic rhinitis (including hay fever)
- Biliary colic
- Depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- Dysentery, acute bacillary
- Dysmenorrhoea, primary
- Epigastralgia, acute (in peptic ulcer, acute and chronic gastritis, and gastrospasm)
- Facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- Hypertension, essential
- Hypotension, primary
- Induction of labour
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Malposition of fetus, correction of
- Morning sicknes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Neck pain
- Pain in dentistry (including dental pain and temporomandibular/TMJ dysfunction)
- Periarthritis of shoulder
- Postoperative pain
- Renal colic
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tennis elbow
- Much more! See full list of conditions here.
If you’ve been suffering with chronic health issues and would like some compassionate, dedicated support on your journey to wellness, we’d love to work with you. You deserve to be heard, and you deserve to feel better.