What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture uses hair fine needles gently placed at select points on the body to activate and regulate the body’s innate response systems to encourage healing. By working with the nervous system, immune system, circulatory system, endocrine system and more, acupuncture promotes balance in the body by reminding the body how to heal itself.
“Integrative Acupuncture” refers to the use of traditional acupuncture and herbal medicine along with other more modern techniques and modalities like nutrition therapy, lab testing and more. Combining traditional medicine with modern techniques creates a unique toolbox to effectively bring the ancient wisdom of Chinese medicine into the modern world.
Acupuncture can treat:
- Women’s Health: Menstrual irregularities, painful periods, PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, peri-menopause and menopausal symptoms, anemia, postpartum care, chronic fatigue, anxiety and depression
- Infertility: Difficulty conceiving, unexplained infertility, irregular cycles, anovulatory cycles, amenorrhea, male factor infertility
- Pain: Acute and chronic pain of all types including back, knee, joint, headaches, migraines, arthritis, sciatica, TMJ, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Mental/ Emotional Issues: Stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia
- Metabolic Conditions: Diabetes, weight-loss, hypertension (high blood pressure), elevated cholesterol, adrenal fatigue, thyroid disease
- Digestive Issues: constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, heartburn, IBS, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, food allergies, dysbiosis, intestinal permeability (leaky gut syndrome)
- Respiratory and Immune Conditions: Colds & flu, allergies, asthma, cough, immune support
- Chronic Illness: Auto-immune conditions, chronic fatigue, heart disease, kidney issues
- Skin Conditions: Acne, rashes, psoriasis, eczema
- Neurological Conditions: Autism, ADD/ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, neuropathy
- Pediatric Wellness: Allergies, ear infections, bed wetting, anxiety or depression, digestive upset, colic, constipation, Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, immune support/recurring colds – see more on pediatrics